ms Veendam Accessibility
- Ship Class: Statendam Class
- 8 accessible staterooms
- Accessible staterooms have wider doors, roll-in showers, grab bars and turning spaces.
- Occupancy: 1,350
- Tonnage: 57,092
- Length: 719 feet
- Beam: 101 feet
- Cruise Speed: 22 knots
- Ship's Registry: The Netherlands
- Inaugural Date: January 1996
Accessible Stateroom Features
- Stateroom door width: at least 32 inches
- Bathroom door width: at least 32 inches
- No doorsill to get into stateroom
- No bathroom thresholds
- Bathroom grab bars
- Accessible sink and stateroom vanity
- Roll-in showers
- Fold-down shower bench
- Hand-held shower heads
- Lowered closet rod
- Portable Visual/tactile alert system (upon request)
- Gangways are wide enough to accommodate most wheelchairs and scooters.
- There are accessible public restrooms.
- All decks have elevator access except Sky Deck.
Food & Beverage
- All dining and bar venues are accessible.
- Lower playing tables in Casino
- Wheelchair seating in the Showroom at Sea Lounge
- Jogging Track (Lower Promenade Deck)
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Court
Spa & Fitness Center
- Dry treatment room
- Fitness equipment
- Changing Room
- Lowered counter at Guest Relations
- Tender Lift System
- Amplified Phones
- Assistive listening system in the Showroom at Sea Lounge
- Beauty Salon
- Art & Photo Gallery
- Card Room
- Internet Café
- Window Eyes computer software
- Service Dogs Permitted, at least 45 days advance notice requested.
- Large Print or Braille menus (with prior request)
- Guided tour of ship during embarkation (with prior request)
Closed captioning is available on television programming however, please note that some satellite feeds do not transmit with captioning, so this feature is available only when the signal the ship received has captioning.
- Downloadable daily activities, news, and menus for guests with laptops with screen reader programs
Modified Accessible Staterooms
Offer features for guests with partial mobility limitations and may not be suitable for guests requiring full-time mobility assistance or the full-time use of a wheelchair. These staterooms have standard interior and exterior door openings as well as a step into the bathroom. Modified Accessible Staterooms include features such as shower only bathrooms with a low threshold into the shower and additional grab bars in the bathroom. Please note that Modified Accessible Staterooms in verandah categories do not have a ramp out to and in from the verandah; however, a portable ramp may be available with an advance request through our Access & Compliance Department. Most Modified Accessible Staterooms have stateroom doors with an opening that measures 23.5 inches wide and bathroom doors measuring 20.5 inches in width.
Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms
Offer features such as wider entry doors, roll-in showers with grab bars, benches and hand-held shower nozzles as well as lowered closet and towel rods.
This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm details directly with Holland America.