Accessibility on Domestic River Cruises
River cruising has become one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry. The sector offers a more intimate and culture-focused experience with themed cruises. The segment meets the demands of the Baby Boomer with five trends: joy of discovery, meaningful experiences, traveling with family, healthy activities and hassle-free travel.
River cruises offer guests the pleasure of learning while sailing to multiple ports in the same region. In addition, all-inclusive excursions at each port are more customized and allow the individual more leisure time to explore the area in greater depth. Hence, the passenger can gain more knowledge of the specific region. In comparison to an ocean cruise, the river cruise enables the traveler to view and enjoy the local scenery while sailing.
The following cruise lines offer North America river cruises: American Cruise Lines, American Queen Steamboat Company, Great Lakes Cruise Company, Pearl Sea Cruises and UnCruise Adventures. Guests sailing domestically will find river cruise ports paved and ADA compliant.
The intimate experience of river cruising has been referred to as a boutique hotel which floats from one destination to another. Although once considered to a vacation for couples, river cruises have seen a rise in families traveling together. Baby Boomers are traveling with their parents while millennials are taking their Baby Boomer parents on a vacation cruise. Special Needs Group is pleased to service guests in need of renting mobility, oxygen and/or special needs equipment sailing domestically on river cruises.
Next month’s Newsletter will feature Accessibility on International River Cruises.
The Accessibility Advocate - June 2017 Newsletter Full Article
Official News Releases
- October 17, 2017
- Special Needs Group / Special Needs at Seas to Celebrate 10th Anniversary on February 14th
- February 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Named Silver Winner of the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Hospitality, Overall -- Special Needs
- November 13, 2015
- SNG announces Certification Milestone
2,500 Travel Professionals successfully complete Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocates® program!
- July 17, 2014
- Travel Agent wins free MSC Cruise in Special Needs Group Certification promotion
Gloria Hallick, ACC of Expedia CruiseShipCenters in Alberta, Canada is the lucky winner of the SNG Certification promotion that resulted in SNG celebrating over 2,000 Certified Accessible Travel Advocates.
- July 1, 2014
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel
Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel at National Federation of the Blind Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.
- March 27, 2017
- Sun Sentinel Community Snapshots
- March 27, 2017
- SNG Featured in nextavenue.com
Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
- March 27, 2017
- Forbes - Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
Following these eight tips can ensure that you have a memorable trip
- March 20, 2017
- Dania firm broadens horizons for Travelers with Disabilities
- March 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group Featured in Sun Sentinel
Dania supplier of special needs equipment thrives as travelers with disabilities broaden horizons