Charging Your Scooter
Mobility Scooters should be charged every night!
The charger has a safety feature that will not allow the battery to be overcharged.
The scooter key must be removed from the scooter while it is being charged.
The proper procedure to charge the scooter is:
· First connect the charging cord to the scooter
· Then connect the charging cord into the outlet in the wall.
Even if the scooter was barely used, we recommend that you charge it overnight, every night.
Once charged, the charger must be unplugged from the wall as well as the scooter for it to operate. The scooter will beep and not move if the charger is plugged into the wall outlet and/or plugged into the scooter.
A mobility scooter is a popular option for people who have difficulty walking long distances or keeping up with others. It can also be used by someone who has limited mobility as long as they have use of one hand. Scooters come in three sizes: Standard - up to 249 lbs; Heavy-duty - up to 349 lbs; Bariatric - 350 to 450 lbs. A Bariatric scooter requires an accessible cabin.
CLICK HERE to reserve a mobility scooter for your next vacation!
The Accessibility Advocate - December 2016 Newsletter Full Article
Official News Releases
- February 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group / Special Needs at Seas to Celebrate 10th Anniversary on February 14th
- November 13, 2015
- SNG announces Certification Milestone
2,500 Travel Professionals successfully complete Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocates® program!
- July 17, 2014
- Travel Agent wins free MSC Cruise in Special Needs Group Certification promotion
Gloria Hallick, ACC of Expedia CruiseShipCenters in Alberta, Canada is the lucky winner of the SNG Certification promotion that resulted in SNG celebrating over 2,000 Certified Accessible Travel Advocates.
- July 1, 2014
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel
Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel at National Federation of the Blind Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.
- May 16, 2014
- Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk
Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk, Empowering Individuals with Special Needs to Explore Popular Tourist Destination
- March 20, 2017
- Dania firm broadens horizons for Travelers with Disabilities
- March 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group Featured in Sun Sentinel
Dania supplier of special needs equipment thrives as travelers with disabilities broaden horizons
- March 7, 2017
- Special Needs Group Featured in Porthole Cruise Magazine
Going the Distance - Special Services at Sea open the world of cruising to all travelers.
- April 29, 2015
- SNG Donates a Powerchair to ARC Broward Client