Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk
For Immediate Release
Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk, Empowering Individuals with Special Needs to Explore Popular Tourist Destination
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, One of the Safest in the Area with No Cars/Motorized Vehicles, Now the Only South Florida Beach Area Providing Special Needs Equipment Rentals
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – May 16, 2014 – Ensuring that everyone, including individuals with special needs, can enjoy a beautiful day at the renowned Hollywood Beach Broadwalk in Hollywood, Fla., Special Needs Group, Inc. (SNG) www.specialneedsgroup.com recently partnered with Sun & Fun Cycles. SNG, the leading global provider of mobility and special needs equipment, now offers its high-quality wheelchairs, mobility scooters and Joy on the Beach (JOB) wheelchairs/lounges at Sun & Fun Cycles on the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk.
Florida's only oceanfront Broadwalk, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is a 2.5-mile, 27-foot wide path where cars and motorized vehicles are not allowed. The partnership between SNG and Sun & Fun Cycles now makes it the only beach area in South Florida offering special needs equipment and bike rentals, empowering individuals with special needs.
In business for nearly 30 years, Sun & Fun Cycles is the sole Hollywood Broadwalk bike rental shop to offer special needs equipment rentals.
“Twenty percent (63 million) of Americans have a disability, and approximately 10 million aged 15 and older use a walking aid such as a cane or walker. This group includes ‘slow walker’ individuals,” said SNG President and CEO Andrew J. Garnett. “Our partnership with Sun & Fun Cycles allows these individuals to enjoy the beauty of the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, enjoying fun recreational activities with the help of special needs equipment.”
Sun & Fun Cycles, located at 1500 N. Broadwalk, Hollywood, FL 33019 at the end of Hayes St., provides a unique fleet of bicycle rentals for the entire family. Toddlers to grandparents can enjoy cruising up and down the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk for recreation, sightseeing, people-watching and exercise.
“We are very pleased to partner with Special Needs Group to offer high-quality special needs equipment – and wellness – to our guests, making the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk accessible to all,” said Leonard Ivler, owner of Sun & Fun Cycles. “Now, grandparents who may have special needs, and others with disabilities can be empowered and enjoy a wonderful day with their families and friends at the Broadwalk.”
At Sun & Fun Cycles, special needs equipment and bicycles can be rented for 30 minutes up to a week. It is open seven days a week from 9 a.m.–11 p.m.
SNG’s rentals and pricing at Sun & Fun Cycles are:
- Manual wheelchairs: The light, maneuverable and collapsible wheelchairs are offered for $5 per hour; $25 per day.
- Mobility scooters: All offering three wheels for easier maneuverability, the scooters are offered for $10 per hour; $15 per two hours; $50 per day.
- Joy on the Beach (JOB) wheelchairs/lounges: Stylish, yet light and sturdy, the JOB is equipped with innovative wheels that make it easy to roll from the beach into the open water for access to swimming. $10 per hour; $15 per two hours; $25 per four hours; $50 per day.
Other bicycles offered by Sun & Fun Cycles accommodating individuals with special needs are the adult tricycle, double joyrider, banana bike and low rider. Sun & Fun Cycles bicycle rentals range from $10–$30 per hour.
For more information about Sun & Fun Cycles, call (954) 684-8924, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Sun & Fun Cycles on Facebook.
About Special Needs Group, Inc.
Special Needs Group, Inc. is the leading global provider of wheelchair rentals, scooter rentals, oxygen rentals and other special needs equipment rentals. It also offers a broad range of special needs equipment for purchase. Recommended by the world's major cruise lines for superior service and value, Special Needs Group also services guests visiting hotels, resorts, theme parks and convention centers. Special Needs Group is the only mobility and oxygen equipment supplier that is approved to deliver to all major cruise lines
Special Needs Group is the travel industry’s only total special needs travel solution. Special Needs Group provides service in 135 cities located in 30 countries. It is located at 302 NW 1st Street, Dania Beach, FL 33004. For more information, visit www.specialneedsgroup.com or call 1-800-513-4515.
Official News Releases
- February 14, 2018
- ASTA Partners with Special Needs Group
- January 22, 2018
- Celebrity Cruises® Sales Team enters 2018 as SNG Certified Accessible Travel Advocates®
- January 10, 2018
- Porthole Cruise Magazine Names Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea®Winner of its 2018 Editor-in-Chief Awards, Best Mobility/Accessibility Provider Category
- September 28, 2017
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Named Silver Winner of the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Hospitality, Overall -- Special Needs
- November 13, 2015
- SNG announces Certification Milestone
2,500 Travel Professionals successfully complete Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocates® program!
- April 16, 2018
- SNG Featured in voyageMIA.com
- March 27, 2017
- Sun Sentinel Community Snapshots
- March 27, 2017
- SNG Featured in nextavenue.com
Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
- March 27, 2017
- Forbes - Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
Following these eight tips can ensure that you have a memorable trip
- March 20, 2017
- Dania firm broadens horizons for Travelers with Disabilities