The Accessibility Advocate - June 2017
June 14, 2017
From the President's Corner!
Thank you for your continued support as we continue in Delivering an Accessible World.
Featured in this month’s Newsletter…
New Product Offered by Special Needs Group
· Beneficial to Chemotherapy Patients in masking “metal-mouth”
· Diabetic individuals experience sweet taste without sugar consumption
· Assist in healthy living lifestyle/weight management program
SNG is pleased to service two Pacific Northwest River Cruise Ports
· Portland, Oregon
· Vancouver, Washington
Within the Newsletter, please read about the differences in domestic and international river cruising. In addition, we also included a brief reminder for clients entitled, “Before You Go... .”
Until next month.
Andrew J. Garnett, CATA
MiraBurst - Easy Melt Tablets
MiraBurst is a fruit berry from Ghana, West Africa which contains a single seed with a layer of pulp around the seed. The miracle fruit’s pulp contains a glycoprotein called miraculin. The miraculin, a taste modifier, binds the individual’s taste buds for up to 90 minutes, creating a sweet taste to those foods normally acidic or sour. The Miraburst Easy Melt Tablets which benefit chemotherapy patients, individuals with pre-diabetes, diabetes and overall weight loss management are now available from Special Needs Group.
Accessiblity on Domestic River Cruises
River cruising has become one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry. The sector offers a more intimate and culture-focused experience with themed cruises. The segment meets the demands of the Baby Boomer with five trends: joy of discovery, meaningful experiences, traveling with family, healthy activities and hassle-free travel.
Before You Go...
Please ensure of where the equipment is going to be delivered:
Spotlight: Northwest Pacific River Cruise Cities
The United States’ northwest cities of Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington provide service to river cruises from early spring in April through October. American Cruise Line’s American Pride sails out of Portland while American Steamboat Company’s American Empress embarks from Vancouver. Each of the Pacific Northwest locations offers a perfect setting for pre- or post-cruise extended stays.
"The ocean has always been a salve to my soul…the best thing for a cut or abrasion was to go swimming in salt water. Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land." - Jimmy Buffett
Toll Free: (800) 513-4515| International: (1) 954.585.0575
International Guests may also call us utilizing your Favorite Web Communication Application
302 NW 1st Street, Dania Beach, FL 33004
Socialize with us:
May 2017 Newsletter
Official News Releases
- February 14, 2018
- ASTA Partners with Special Needs Group
- January 22, 2018
- Celebrity Cruises® Sales Team enters 2018 as SNG Certified Accessible Travel Advocates®
- January 10, 2018
- Porthole Cruise Magazine Names Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea®Winner of its 2018 Editor-in-Chief Awards, Best Mobility/Accessibility Provider Category
- September 28, 2017
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Named Silver Winner of the 2017 Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Hospitality, Overall -- Special Needs
- November 13, 2015
- SNG announces Certification Milestone
2,500 Travel Professionals successfully complete Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocates® program!
- April 16, 2018
- SNG Featured in voyageMIA.com
- March 27, 2017
- Sun Sentinel Community Snapshots
- March 27, 2017
- SNG Featured in nextavenue.com
Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
- March 27, 2017
- Forbes - Planning A Cruise When You Have A Disability
Following these eight tips can ensure that you have a memorable trip
- March 20, 2017
- Dania firm broadens horizons for Travelers with Disabilities