Traveling is exciting! Getting away from the bustle of daily life and experiencing new places can be a relaxing way to get refreshed. However, we all know that sometimes things just happen. Many of us have experienced the frustration of lost luggage as a result. We’ve come up with a few things to help you keep your luggage and start your vacation off right.
- Bright colors. While black and grey are classic colors, the conveyor belt is full of look a like bags because everyone opts for classic black and grey. Try a bright colored or patterned bag instead. If you want to stick with black or grey then try taping the handle of your bag in colored tape. Your unique bag will be easier to spot as it makes its around.
- Labeling luggage. Luggage tags are great for labeling your bags. You can get them in leather, patterned, bright colored, personalized, or pretty much anything else you can imagine. Unique tags help make sure your bag is labeled outside so no one can mistake it as their own, but it also is a great to make your bag a little more distinct and so easier to spot. It’s a good idea to label the inside of your bag with your name and phone number as well as a copy of your itinerary. If something happens to the outside label, the inside label can help in uniting you with your belongings.
- Picture time. Take a few pictures of your bag and keep them on your phone. Make sure to get a picture of the tag and everything. When you go to claim your bag, you will have a picture to compare and make sure you’ve grabbed the right one. It’s also a great resource to have if you luggage does get lost as you can show airline employees exactly what to look for.
- Valuables. Keep them with you in your carryon. That includes your passport, laptop, cameras, jewelry, and money. If you keep them with you, it gives someone less reason to take your luggage and keeps your valuables safe.
- Carry on. If you are worried about losing your luggage then consider just taking carry-ons instead of checking baggage. Airlines usually give you two carry on items, one that goes in the overhead bin and one that fits under the seat in front of you. Most backpacks and pursers are small enough that you can stuff those under the seat. Check with your airline to see their size limits for you overhead bin luggage. Carrying all your things onboard your self will eliminate the possibility of losing your luggage.
Start your next vacation off without a glitch. We hope these tips help prevent the frustration of lost luggage so you can have a relaxing and enjoyable trip.
“When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money”. – Unknown
March 6, 2015
Special Needs Group / Special Needs at Sea is the leading global provider for Special Needs travel. We offer a broad range of Special Needs equipment including wheelchair rentals, electric scooter rentals, power chair rentals, oxygen rental, JOB Beach Wheelchairs, and more. We are recommended by ALL major cruise lines for superior service and value. Special Needs Group also services guests visiting hotels, resorts, theme parks and convention centers. For more info, visit www.specialneedsgroup.com.