NCL switches to Special Needs Group
Thursday, 14th April 2011
Norwegian Cruise Line appointed Special Needs Group as its exclusive supplier of mobility and oxygen equipment. The cruise operator formerly worked with CareVacations.
Effective immediately, the agreement applies to all 11 NCL ships.
Andrew Garnett, founder and CEO of Special Needs Group, noted that larger ships such as Norwegian Epic, coupled with an aging US and European population and an existing market of 43m individuals with disabilities, increases the need for wheelchairs, oxygen, scooters rentals and other special needs equipment rentals.
Items can serve slow walkers as well as travelers with disabilities.
The Fort Lauderdale-based company works with all the major cruise operators and said it delivers equipment directly to cruise ship staterooms at ports around the world. It also rents and sells equipment to the lines.
© Copyright 2011 Seatrade Communications Limited. Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Seatrade Communications Limited.
Official News Releases
- February 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group / Special Needs at Seas to Celebrate 10th Anniversary on February 14th
- November 13, 2015
- SNG announces Certification Milestone
2,500 Travel Professionals successfully complete Special Needs Group Certified Accessible Travel Advocates® program!
- July 17, 2014
- Travel Agent wins free MSC Cruise in Special Needs Group Certification promotion
Gloria Hallick, ACC of Expedia CruiseShipCenters in Alberta, Canada is the lucky winner of the SNG Certification promotion that resulted in SNG celebrating over 2,000 Certified Accessible Travel Advocates.
- July 1, 2014
- Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel
Special Needs Group® / Special Needs at Sea® Continue Efforts to Provide Awareness for Special Needs Travel at National Federation of the Blind Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.
- May 16, 2014
- Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk
Special Needs Group and Sun & Fun Cycles Team Up to Expand Access to Widely Acclaimed Hollywood Beach, FL Broadwalk, Empowering Individuals with Special Needs to Explore Popular Tourist Destination
- March 20, 2017
- Dania firm broadens horizons for Travelers with Disabilities
- March 13, 2017
- Special Needs Group Featured in Sun Sentinel
Dania supplier of special needs equipment thrives as travelers with disabilities broaden horizons
- March 7, 2017
- Special Needs Group Featured in Porthole Cruise Magazine
Going the Distance - Special Services at Sea open the world of cruising to all travelers.
- April 29, 2015
- SNG Donates a Powerchair to ARC Broward Client